Welcome to The Formulation Station: A Psychology Podcast with your co-hosts, Dr. Aimee Maxwell and Jessica Graham! On today’s episode, we discuss ways to cope over the Christmas and holiday period, which can be a challenging time for many. Together, Aimee & Jess unpack:
· Why this time of year can be challenging
· Their 12 Ways of Coping this Christmas, including tips like setting boundaries, finding small ways to enjoy the day, being aware of your triggers and how to manage effectively.
· Aimee and Jess also review their 2021, lessons they are taking away and their hopes and expectations for 2022.
On therapy corner today, Aimee and Jess discuss some viewer questions relating to Christmas, including coping with triggering and uncomfortable conversations, and setting financial boundaries. We hope you enjoy today’s episode! This is our last episode of the year! Thank you so much for listening in 2021. We can’t wait to show you what’s in store for 2022. We will be taking a hiatus from recording over the holiday period, and will be back in January 2022. Stay safe, and we hope you have a restful holiday period.
Lots of love,
Aimee and Jess xxx.
If you have a question you want answered during our Therapy Corner segment, DM us on Instagram @theformulationstationpodcast or email us at email@example.com
If the content discussed in today’s episode triggered anything for you, please reach out to one of the below organisations:
· Lifeline 24/7 – 13 11 14
· Suicide Callback Service - 1300 659 467
· Butterfly Foundation 8am-Midnight - (for individuals with eating disorders) 1800 334 673
· Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
· DV Connect Womensline - 1800 811 811
· DV Connect Mensline - 1800 600 636
· Mensline Australia - 1300 78 99 78
· Alcohol & Drug Service - 1800 177 833